The Brooke in Pakistan
Brooke Hospital for Animals (Pakistan) is a non–profit public limited company, funded by The Brooke - UK.
Starting from a single mobile clinic in Peshawar in 1991, Brooke Pakistan has expanded to cover areas of extreme need in KPK, Punjab and Sindh province. The Brooke delivers veterinary and welfare services to working equines through a network of 32 Community Equine Welfare Teams(CEWTs) and 6 Equine Welfare Centers (EWCs) in 30 districts (Peshawar, Mardan, Nowshera, Charsada, Sawabi, Lahore, Sheikupura, Kasur, Multan, Khanewal, Muzaffargarh, Gujranwala, Sialkot, Narowal, Gujrat, Faisalabad, Sarghoda, Jhang, Toba Tek Singh, Sahiwal, Okara, Nankana, Vihari, Pakpatan, Karachi, Hyderabad, Sukkur, Jacobabad, Shikarpur, and Larkana) of Pakistan.
We aim to improve the health and welfare of working equine animals and so help communities to have better lives by focusing on delivering high quality veterinary and welfare services, through a network of 32 mobile teams and six clinics.
These Equine welfare centers and community equine welfare teams focus on the following:
- Availability and access to veterinary resources and services for sustainable health of equines
- Brooke Pakistan trains and builds the capacity of local service providers such as farriers, saddlers and cart makers.
- Community knowledge, attitude and practice change
- We also educate government and private vets and train local people to become community animal health workers, lady livestock workers and community livestock extension workers.
- Provision of of equine welfare support resources like grooming kits, water buckets and fly fringes at subsidised rates.
- BP work in collaboration with partners to reach out to more communities and provide local sustainable services.
BIMWE - A short Video documentary as a tribute to the great contributions of Late General Rafi Alam towards Brooke and Equine Welfare
The Brooke Pakistan Documentary - A short introductory and orientation documentary on the Brooke Pakistan